- Located only 20 miles north of Pittsburgh and with easy access to major airports and highways, Butler County’s proximity ensures optimal event attendance.
- We offer over 50 versatile indoor and outdoor sporting venues and numerous options for dining and accommodations.
- Whether you’re hosting an event at Cooper’s Lake with over 450 acres of various terrain or on the ice at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, you’ll love the flexibility of our multi-use venues in Butler County.
UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex:
- The UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex is the primary practice and training facility for the Pittsburgh Penguins, as well as a comprehensive outpatient facility for UPMC Sports Medicine.
- This first-of-its-kind facility in the Pittsburgh region is a true partnership between two world-class organizations.
- The facility is dedicated to treating, training, and inspiring athletes at every level.
- This multi-use facility is a destination for athletes of all ages and skill levels seeking sports medicine, performance, and rehabilitation expertise as well as hockey-specific skills and performance training.
- Immerse yourself with the ultimate versatility of Cooper’s Lake Campground.
- More than 500 acres with a variety of terrains will suit your needs, include a 10-acre lake, wooded areas and mowed fields.
- Designated parking, camping and activity areas.
- Amenities include electric, water, restrooms, showers, laundromat, store, restaurant, ATM, Wi-Fi, internet café, and playground.
- Water posts are accessible throughout a majority of the area.
Slippery Rock University:
- Slippery Rock Unviersity is conveniently located less than an hour from Pittsburgh, one hour from Erie, ten minutes from the Grove City Premium Outlets and two hours from Cleveland.
- The university has numerous sporting venues on campus.
- Jack Critchfield Park – baseball stadium with 1,800+ seats, 400-foot center field, concession stand, ticket window, press box, media broadcasting compatible, luxurious clubhouse that feeds directly into the home dugout, bullpens and batting cages.
- Mihalik-Thompson Stadium can host football, lacrosse, soccer, field hockey, and track and field. The Stadium has a synthetic turf field, eight-lane track and field and is capable of hosting a crowd of 10,000 people. Features include lighted field, scoreboard, message center, two concession stands, indoor press boxes, PA system and media hook-ups.
- James Egli Field is home to men’s and women’s soccer teams featuring a natural grass surface which is one of the best grass playing fields in western Pennsylvania along with a state-of-the-art press box. The soccer field features ample bleacher seating elevated on a hillside and also provides space to set up blankets or fold out lawn chairs along each side of the bleachers.
- SRU Softball Complex is capable of hosting 500 people, 200-foot center field, pressbox, concession stand, PA system and full scoreboard, locker rooms, and coach’s offices.
- Morrow Field House is home to SRU men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball with a capacity of up to 3,000 people. It also includes a 200-meter track and field facility.
- Additional Facilities include five full-sized soccer fields, six full-size tennis courts made of synthetic material.