- Located only 20 miles north of Pittsburgh and with easy access to major airports and highways, Butler County’s proximity ensures optimal event attendance.
- We offer over 50 versatile indoor and outdoor sporting venues and numerous options for dining and accommodations.
- Whether you’re hosting an event at Cooper’s Lake with over 450 acres of various terrain or on the ice at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, you’ll love the flexibility of our multi-use venues in Butler County.
UPMC Sports Complex:
- The UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex is the primary practice and training facility for the Pittsburgh Penguins, as well as a comprehensive outpatient facility for UPMC Sports Medicine.
- This first-of-its-kind facility in the Pittsburgh region is a true partnership between two world-class organizations.
- The facility is dedicated to treating, training, and inspiring athletes at every level.
- This multi-use facility is a destination for athletes of all ages and skill levels seeking sports medicine, performance, and rehabilitation expertise as well as hockey-specific skills and performance training.
Cooper's Lake Campground:
- Immerse yourself with the ultimate versatility of Cooper’s Lake Campground.
- More than 450 acres with a variety of terrains will suit your needs, include a 10-acre lake, wooded areas and mowed fields.
- Designate your parking, camping and activity areas.
- There are 100+ electric and water campsites, 50 of which are full hook-up.
- Water posts are accessible throughout a majority of the area.
- The campground store sells camping supplies, comfort items, wood, propane, ice, food, drinks, candy, ice cream and more.
- There is also a laundromat with coin-operated washers and dryers.
- Slippery Rock is conveniently located less than an hour from Pittsburgh, one hour from Erie, ten minutes from the Grove City Premium Outlets and two hours from Cleveland.
- The university has numerous sporting venues on campus.
- Jack Critchfield Park – baseball stadium with 1,800+ seats, 400-foot center field, concession stand and ticket window, press box, media broadcasting compatible, bullpens and batting cages.
- Mihalik-Thompson Stadium can host multiple sports, including football, lacrosse, soccer, field hockey, and track and field.
- It has a synthetic turf field and is capable of hosting a crowd of 10,000 people. Features included lighting, scoreboard, message center, two concession stands, indoor press boxes, PA system and media hook-ups.
- Six full-size Tennis Courts are available, made of synthetic material. They are capable of hosting 100+ people and are lighted for night contests.
- Additional grass courts are available for practice.
- Softball Field – capable of hosting 300+ people, 200-foot center field, pressbox, concession stand, PA system and full scoreboard.
- Soccer Fields – four full-sized fenced in fields, one varsity field that can accommodate 300+ people, with wireless media broadcasting and a full-sized scoreboard, a turf field, and Old Thompson Field.
- Old Thompson Field – soccer and track.